Monday, June 6, 2016

Rear View Mirror Dangle Project

The other day, I was out to breakfast and saw that someone had a really pretty beaded rear view mirror beaded dangle.  It got me thinking that I wanted to make one of those.  I made a few sets of beads, but they didn't really speak to me.  I had an idea to hang a large swarovski crystal on the end, but it didn't really match the beads I made.  So then I just decided to do this:

The reason I did that was, 1. I love my Japanese charm and 2. I love bicone shaped beads right now and 3. I love that glass color!

Here's how I did it!

Gather your supplies:

  • Cutters
  • Pliers
  • Crimpers
  • Beading Wire
  • Crimp Beads
  • Ornament Hanger (directions found HERE)
  • Glass Bicone Beads
  • Metal Spacers
  • Charm
 Add your charm to the beading wire, and crimp in place:

 Add your beads onto the beading wire, they way you want them!

Finish by adding a crimp bead, looping the beading wire through the end loop of the ornament hanger, and then crimping loop!

There you go - another beady thing to do with beads, but not jewelry!

Susan Kennedy


2 comments :

  1. Thank you for this inspiring blog! I used to make these with seaglass and can't believe I forgot all about them. I have beads I thought I didn't know what to do with...now I know better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago I had made one for my car. While hanging out at the dog park someone stole it off my rear view mirror via an open sunroof. Bummed me out. Love them!

    P.Quinn
    myfoundobjects.net

    Myfoundobjectsjewelry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.