Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter Formal Bling Bling

My husband and I haven't attended one of his work holiday parties in about 6 years.  This year we decided to go and of course, I had to make earrings to go with my dress.

I picked out this pretty teal dress with black velvet burnout from The Limited.  I could have made some quick and easy beaded earrings but I thought I'd practice my bead embroidery.

The plan was to use some of my porcelain cabochons but I wasn't happy with how they came out.  I used a pair of onyx cabs instead.  I made the earrings over the course of week, spending about an hour each night adding a row at a time.
The seed beads are a mix of aqua, teal, purple, black and green hues.  I used black Nymo thread for everything and black ultrasuede on the back.  The earwires are niobium (so friendly on my sensitive lobes) and made by Marti Brown.

I'm really pleased with how they turned out!  I finally feel like I have a good grasp on backstitch and am ready to move on and try some more advanced techniques.

Are you attending any holiday parties?  If so, what jewelry did you make for them?

Happy Beading!

Diana P.
Suburban Girl Studio LLC

5 comments :

  1. You and the earrings are all stunning! I haven't worked with niobium yet. I am happy to hear they are truly allergy-free. I hope you and your hubby had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty earrings, pretty dress, pretty you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is amazing and you look beautiful. I hope you had a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The earrings are beautiful and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful earrings! The variety of colors looks great and so does your dress.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.